In 2012, the China Oceania Friendship Association (COFA) entered into an agreement with the New Zealand China Friendship Society whereby, to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the founding of the society, COFA would provide 1 million RMB to our society over a period of five years, at the rate of 200,000 RMB (approximately NZ$40,000) per year, for a period of five consecutive years to be used for projects.
The Memorandum of Understanding stated:
The Rewi Alley Friendship and Exchange (RAFE) Fund will mainly support the following types of projects:
- Projects commemorating the legacy of Rewi Alley;
- Friendly exchange projects agreed by both parties;
- Other projects in terms of cultural and art exchange, educational exchange and youth exchange which aim to promote China-New Zealand friendship.
The society set up the Rewi Alley Friendship and Exchange (RAFE) committee to handle this process, and, since 2012, has committed to an annual programme of calling for applications by Society branches for funding of projects, which comply with the terms of the fund, as specified above. The 2016 RAFE Project funding round is now being launched.
Two relevant documents can be downloaded (by clicking on each of the titles below):
1. 2016 Guidelines for RAFE Fund. This gives a brief background to the RAFE fund, including a timeline for the 2016 process.
2. 2016 RAFE Fund Concept Note. This is to be used by the applicant to provide a brief concept of the proposed project for the RAFE committee. Because of the constraints of the funding available, the committee will then decide if a full application is required.
2016 RAFE Fund Concepts are to be received by Dave Adamson firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 May. The committee will respond to all concept plan submitters, advising whether or not a full application is required, by 6 June. If this is the case, a formal application form will be forwarded at that time to the submitter, and the completed application should be forwarded to: Dave Adamson by 20 June.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Dave Adamson email@example.com. We look forward to receiving many interesting project proposals from our branches.