The New Zealand China Friendship Society has had sixty years experience working with China. This has given us strong connections and good contacts.
We have a reputation in China and in New Zealand for fostering people-to-people links, whether through sister-cities, sister-schools, friendship associations at all levels, or personal communication.
The Aims of the New Zealand China Friendship Society are:
- To promote friendship, understanding and goodwill between the peoples of China and New Zealand by encouraging visits and exchanges of ideas, information, culture and trade between the two countries
- To foster interest in and promote the study of China, its history, culture, political and social structures – past and present
- To support specific aid projects in China
- To promote the study of the Chinese language by New Zealanders and advanced English studies in this country by Chinese
- To foster on-going development of all sister-city links between New Zealand and China
- To assist both visiting students and new migrants from China requiring help to fit in to New Zealand society