In 1951 and 1952, the Australia China Society (ACS), as the Australia China Friendship Society was then known, was established in Melbourne and Sydney. This was only two years after the founding of the People’s Republic of China on 1st October 1949. Active members rendered numerous effective and beneficial works in increasing Australia-China friendship. This later contributed to the promotion of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries. Diplomatic relations were established between Australia and China in 1972.
In 1972 the National Council of the Australia China Society was established in Melbourne. The first National President was Dr Geoffrey Stillwell (Victoria). We became Australia China Friendship Society in 1982.
- ACFS Tasmania June Newsletter 2019
- ACFS Tasmania May Newsletter 2019
- ACFS Tasmania March Newsletter 2019
- ACFS Tasmania November Newsletter 2018
- ACFS Tasmania October Newsletter 2018
- ACFS Tasmania August Newsletter 2018
- ACFS Tasmania June Newsletter 2018
- ACFS Tasmania May Newsletter 2018
- ACFS Tasmania April Newsletter 2018