Call for Applications
This is an exciting opportunity to take part in a 10-day study tour in China in June/July 2017 focusing on forging better understanding and relationship between NZ and Chinese engineering sector. The group will visit Beijing, Hubei/Hunan and Shanghai; meet with peer professionals and also high level industry representatives; and draw parallels to the engineering history and development of NZ.
In additional to the China based study trip, the programme will include pre-trip workshops, briefing as well as post-trip fellowships (identifying projects that can be brought back to New Zealand to further investigate/implement).
Delegates are expected to contribute towards the study trip’s programme development, with support from New Zealand China Friendship Society Wellington Branch which has been granted funding from the Rewi Alley Friendship and Exchange (RAFE) Fund, Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries and Asia New Zealand Foundation.
Funding has been obtained to cover significant portion of pre-departure briefing/business etiquette training, travel and on-site programme cost (including domestic travel, accommodation and share meals).
Subject to finalisation of programme, each participant may be required to contribute a small part of their travel cost (excluding personal expenses for shopping etc). Asia New Zealand Foundation will fund $1500 for flights for up to four successful Leadership Network members selected to attend this programme.
Eligibility and Criteria
This opportunity is open to:
– New Zealand permanent residents or citizens primarily based in New Zealand;
– Professionals within their first 15 years of engineering careers (all specialisation ), and
– Interested in developing their understanding and network in Chinese engineering sector; and
– Able to confirm commitment from their employers to take time off work to attend the trip.
– strong contribution to the delegation in terms of engineering knowledge, experience, skills
– clear demonstration that this programme can benefit their career development
– good reasons for wanting to be part of the delegation
– ability to share experience and what they’ve learned widely / make an on-going opportunity out of the experience
– other skills and experience e.g. Language, media advantageous
The selection panel will consist of representatives from New Zealand China Friendship Society Wellington Branch, Asia New Zealand Foundation and a NZ engineering industry representative.
For more information and application submission please see https://goo.gl/forms/RwT4jzS04OXHa83H3
Application form to be completed by 1 Feb 2017.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 7 Feb 2017 .
Enquiries: contact Jenny on 021 734 824 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org